Cambridge Technologies offers software designed to assist municipalities with reliable and efficient utility billing and data processing. Our applications provide automated billing for multiple metered and non-metered accounts including water, sewer, gas, trash, and electricity.
Our software is designed specifically for the small to medium-sized entity. The program is easy to use and provides all the features desired by our customers including radio meter capability. Automatic updates contain new features as they become available.
Undoubtedly the most important feature of our software is the personal attention and support we provide. We offer on-site, telephone, and internet support to ensure a successful installation and ongoing training. It is our goal to ensure that each municipality has the needed tools to efficiently and reliably print utility bills and maintain the necessary records.
Click on a tab below to learn more about the program highlights. [themify_icon icon=”fa-angle-down” ]
There are numerous reports that can be printed out of the Utility Billing program. Within each report there are additional options to refine each report. Outside of the pre-set reports, the program has a query tool that can be used to create customized or unique reports from data within the program. All of these reports can be viewed on screen and then printed. Can also be exported into Excel, PDF or Word formats for future viewing.
Click on a tab below to learn more about a few of our reports. [themify_icon icon=”fa-angle-down” ]
Three Things to Consider When Choosing a Utility Billing Program
THE PROGRAM ITSELF
- Does it meet our needs? All utility billing programs should be able to import readings, calculate and print bills, print reports, record payments, deposits etc. Can additional functionality be added? What about custom requests?
- Is it flexible? The program needs to have the flexibility to create bills outside of your normal billing period for miscellaneous charges, closing bills, late charges on the day YOU choose, and create custom reports.
- Is it easy to use? How many steps does it take to print a bill? To import readings? Can someone without much computer experience operate it?
HOW IT WORKS WITH OTHER PROGRAMS
- Can the program interface with other programs easily? It should be a seamless process with very few steps for the user. Because we do our own programming in-house, we can provide custom interfaces to make getting data from one place to another an easy process.
- What if we change meter systems? No matter what metering system you have, the program should be able to manage the additional interface.
THE COMPANY YOU WORK WITH
- Do you want to get support locally? Can you get assistance when you need it or do you have to wait for a representative from across the country to respond to an email? If you aren’t able to get assistance with any questions or issues that come up, you can’t do your job properly. Training should be an on-going process with assistance in-person, by phone, or remote connection 24/7.
Click on a tab below to view a few screenshots. You can click on any image to enlarge. [themify_icon icon=”fa-angle-down” ]